Google site is an application of google workspace which helps your business to create a website without doing any coding yourself and establish your business on the internet. Google site is One of the best and most effective website builders for anyone and also who doesn’t know the coding language.
Steps to use google site to create a company intranet portal:
- Selecting a theme and creating a page :
- In this step, you have to go to the google site and select the red “Create” button on the left-hand side.
- Clicking on the button after you have a choice to select premade themes or customize them.
- Then insert the name of your portal or Google can give you a choice to customize your URL through the google app control panel.
- After inserting the portal name. So now it’s ready for the editing part.
- Editing and structuring the portal:
- In editing, you can add and alter the sidebar, header, footer, and navigation bar.
- Also, you can add some pages in the header according to your content.
- Styling your site:
- In this step, you can customize your theme font color.
- You can also add a background theme to your intranet.
- In styling, Hyperlink is used for background images in the styling part.
- Embedding a Custom company history timeline:
- This thing allows us to view BetterCloud’s short history in a clear and interactive manner.
- To create your custom timeline you have to visit timeline.verite.co and select the file formate.
- At top of the site choose google doc Template then you will be redirected to a google spreadsheet template that you can fill in with your own information.
- After adding company history. publish the spreadsheet and copy the URL and paste that URL into “Embed Generator” on timeline.verite.co.
- In this step, you can share your intranet portal with others and give them a view, editing, and ownership rights.
- It is similar to a google doc. You can share with anyone easily.
- Collaboration tools have been extremely useful during our intranet revamp. Each department is responsible for updating their section of the intranet, which keeps the entire site up to date with accurate, vital information.
Buy Google Workspace through us (or move your existing GW account to us) and save 15% on your billing.
As an official Google Cloud partner, we offer discounts and premium support at no extra charge.
Use all Google Workspace features and make your business efficient. For more visit TechsenseLabs.com